Saturday, July 25, 2009

Review: Revlon Colorstay Pen Eyeliner


About a week ago I ran to a nearby Longs Drugstore [CVS Pharmacy],and although not what I originally came for, I noticed that a Revlon eyeliner pen was on sale, so I decided to try it out. I had seen these eyeliner pens, but had never bought one. Assuming that Revlon was a relatively reputable drugstore brand, I bought it to try out.

The pen looks just like a normal pen. The shade I got was 'Blackest brown'.
The tip is pretty fine, and maks it very easy to accurately line eyes, especially the lower lash line. I like the control that a pen gives.
However, I don't like this ColorStay pen. Above, shows the results of stroking the pen across my hand once, and underneath is several times. It's too light and hardly noticeable after even a few times of tracing the line when I line my eyes. When I end up tracing several times like the second line, it irritates the sensitive skin around my eyes. It feels as though my eyes were scratched at! :O

In addition, this eyepen is not 'ColorStay' as it claims. I used this pen, and in only a few hours, the 'ink' from the pen started to turn crumbly and almost ball up and fall off. At about noon time, I only had crumbling remains of eyeliner, it looked more like a bruise instead of a line.

My rating would be about a 2/10. Two stars for the 'pen' design. It's a great idea, I just wonder if some other brands work better.

I won't be able to blog for much of the rest of the weekend! So, enjoy your weekend and relax!

-Kiwii

No comments:

Post a Comment