Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Obon Festival

Sorry I didn't blog for a few days; my weekend was spent at the Obon Festival! I saw my friends, played games, won prizes, and ate wonderful food. Although this isn't really a 'beauty' topic, I'll write about it anyways!

I ate some wonderful Japanese food! The udon was tasty, especially since I haven't had it in a while. You could pick hot or cold dashi, or broth. Because udon is normally a hot noodle, I got it hot. I love it with green onions on top, even though I don't normally like onions!

Next was the Unagi! I am a huge fan of unagi, or eel. Some people don't like to eat the skin, but I ate all of it! I love the sauce that goes on the unagi! It gives the rice and the eel flavor!
The obon festival had teriyaki chicken, and beef skewers. The bottom picture shows some california rolls, manju [Japanese pastries], and the chicken and beef! YUM!

Although I don't have a picture, the shave ice was to die for. The lines were always so long! They had different flavors, and you could get ice cream, cream (condensed milk), or azuki [Japanese sweet red beans], on your shave ice. Or "The Works" with all of that on it! I got that, as well as some with just cream! They were very tasty! I think I ate four in two days... :]

Some other things not pictured are the Strawberry shortcake, Chinese chicken salad, corn, and a plethora of other foods they had but I did not try.

What is a festival without games and prizes? On Saturday, I can't even begin to guess how many times I played Bingo to no avail! On Sunday, I had more luck, and I won some Japanese mugs! They're quite nice and great for tea!

I enjoyed spending all my money on games, when I wasn't eating food! I played "Color Spot", where you have to throw dimes, and won some stuffed animals! I put them on my bed! I still sleep with stuffed animals! :D
I saw a cute Shiba Inu while trying to win Bingo! This type of dog is from Japan and means "brushwood dog' In English!

The festival was selling these fans! We bought the red and purple ones! These fans are high quality, have gold flowers, and are very expensive. Maybe I can use them for odori, or Japanese dancing!

Sorry about the picture.. bad lighting and I was about to fall asleep..and I have no concealer // foundation = icky skin ! So much for a 'beauty' blog. Oops!

This makeup matched with my purple fan! Mind you, this makeup went through my sweating on the 90+ degrees day, a nap, and a bunch of yawning (watery eyes).

I used 'Flash' by Urban Decay as eyeshadow for the top of my lid, after putting on Urban Decay's Primer Potion. Then, I put some white eyeshadow in the inner corner of my eye to make my eyes look brighter and more awake. For eyeliner, I lined with Urban Decay's 24/7 eyeliner pencil in the same shade as the eyeliner. On the top, I used I used 'Perversion' for the liquid liner, which is just black. Normally I am not that good with liquid liner, let alone black, but this time it turned out okay. Finally, I used Diorshow Blackout Mascara on my lashes after curling.

Overal, quick makeup, but presentable. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment